The seeds of the Everett Free Library were planted in 1923 with the formation of the Everett Free Library Association. Anyone who contributed money or services was eligible to become a member of the association. The library opened its doors at The Everett Bank on February 5, 1924. Patrons were able to borrow one book each visit during the four hours per week the library was open.
Thriving under strong community support, the library now houses a collection of almost 40,000 titles.